1. Write a paragraph discussing what Victor learns throughout the course of the novel. How do his goals and plans change as the novel progresses?
2. Analyze a character other than Victor Frankenstein or the creature. What is his/her role in the story? Is he/she necessary to the novel? Why or why not?
3. In your opinion, discuss how Victor Frankenstein could have helped the creature acclimate to and be accepted by society. What would you have done differently?
4. Write a paragraph explaining how the creature of Frankenstein forms the archetypal horror character.
5. Evaluate Victor’s actions from an ethical point of view. How does Victor act or shy away from acting ethically?
6. Compare the creature’s development and actions to those of a child. Does viewing the creature as a child alter one’s view of him? Why or why not?